June 24, 2010 Fanatec Porsche 911 S Turbo Wheel
So I was finally able to open up the Fanatec wheel that was a gift from Turn 10 Studios and The ID Agency. All I have to say is this wheel set up is hands down the best! Not just saying that at all. I was playing Forza 3 and getting my sweat on, it’s a work out to play the game now (but in a good way).
The wheel has a great feel and the shifter is pretty stiff but after several trips thru the gate it starts to easy up. The feedback is a beast! I was fighting the wheel and it’s real easy to forget you are playing a game. The pedal set up is right on in my opinion, clutch,brake, and gas pedals all feel great. Clutch kicking into a turn is really awesome and connecting a transition is mind blowing now. I pretty much only drift in Forza 3, and I’m no way master just straight up fun. Playing on this wheel is like having to relearn how to play. But after about an hour I was starting to get the hang of the wheel and pedal set up.
I really can’t find anything negative about the Fanatec set up. It’s a game changer for me, the experience is that much better. I just need to build a simulator so I can really smash.
Here is some facts about this wheel and pedal set up.
Full Features Porsche 911 Turbo S Wheel:
- Limited to 3000 units
- Original Porsche 911 Turbo S steering wheel design
- Licensed by Porsche Lizenz- und Handelsgesellschaft mbH
- Authentic metal Porsche logo on wheel
- Hand stitched leather wheel manufactured according to Porsche quality standards
- Compatible with Xbox 360, PC and PlayStation 3 (all games which support Force Feedback wheels)
- 6+1 Speed gear stick with realistic shifting feel
- Additional exchangeable sequential gear stick included
- Wired pedals with realistic clutch pedal with declining resistance
- Diameter of steering wheel is 300 millimeters
- Gear sticks are interchangeable and can be mounted on the left or right side
- Turning angle can be adjusted in the wheel to 900°, 360° or 180° or in 1° steps by software
- Play with table: Strong table clamps with quick release, special non-slip rubber pads, and Velcro strips on the pedals
keep everything in place. Integrated screw inserts allows a strong fixation on a gaming cockpit
- Play without table: Fully compatible with the RennSport Wheel Stand which is available optional
- Illuminated buttons switch automatically between Xbox and PlayStation symbols
- Powerful Mabuchi RS 550 Motor as used in RC cars delivers extra strong Force Feedback effects
- Additional 2 Force Feedback actuators in the wheel simulates motor vibrations.
- Extra smooth and silent belt drive without mechanical dead zone
- High resolution wheel sensor
- TUNING functions with LED display
- Saves up to 5 wheel set-ups
- Adjust ForceFeedback strength during game play
- Adjust sensitivity independent from the game
Cool detail in the packaging.
Thanks again Turn 10 Studios and The ID Agency!!!